We at Kendrick Property Services offer a wide range of student accommodation in Brighton.
We have accommodations for a single student as well as larger apartments that are ideal for a group of students that wish to live together. No matter where you come from or what you intend to study in Brighton, we have student properties for you that is sure to met your needs and your budget.
The owner or property manager has the right to inspect the property while you are staying there. However, you as the tenant must be notified before any inspection takes place. Generally speaking, the property will be inspected twice during your stay.
The landlord is responsible for the maintenance of the apartment during your stay. If, for instance, the plumbing does not work properly, then it is the sole responsibility of the landlord to have this problem repaired. If appliances that were provided by the landlord cease working, then these likewise should be either repaired or replaced by the landlord.
On the other hand, the landlord is not responsible for any damage caused by the tenant. If you break something, you will need to either repair or replace it. You are also not allowed to redecorate, paint or make alterations to the apartment without the express permission of the landlord. Pets are not allowed on the premises unless the landlord has given permission in writing. Smoking is also not allowed. If you break the rules set forth in the contract, the landlord can evict you and chances are you will not get back your full deposit.
We at Kendrick Property Services take pleasure in providing student accommodation Brighton. We have a large number of furnished apartments to choose from in all parts of the city. If you are looking for student accommodation Brighten, then see what we have to offer and reserve accommodations even before setting foot in town. Once you have reserved the apartment that you want to rent, send us your paperwork as soon as you can. We will work with the landlord and do all within our power to get your application approved that you have a good place to stay while you are studying in Brighton.
Sole Tenant Agency Fee: £222.00 (Inc VAT)
For more than one tenant, Agency Fee: £204.00 (Inc VAT)
This fee covers all administration costs, contract, & referencing fees. These fees are NON refundable.
Once in Occupation, Additional fee's
Contract renewal fee: £60.00 (Inc VAT) per property (Managed Property)
End of Tenancy/Vacating Fee: £30.00 (Inc VAT) PER TENANT
Overdue rent (5 days): £30 (inc VAT)
Overdue rent (10 days): Further £30 (Inc VAT)
Guarantor Letter: £36.00 (Inc VAT)
Visit to Property for late rent: £54.00 (Inc VAT)
Incorrect rent payments (Incorrect amount, incorrect method, returned payments): £12.00 (Inc VAT)
Refund overpayment of rent: £12.00 (Inc VAT)
Unpaid Cheque: £30.00 (Inc VAT)
If a tenant wishes to vacate before end of tenancy and Landlord agrees: 1 weeks rent + VAT
Missed Check out Appointment: £60.00 (Inc VAT)
Non payment of tenant invoice within 14 days: £24.00 (Inc VAT)
This fee covers all administration costs stated below, setting up the tenancy agreement, & all referencing fees. These fees are NON refundable and once paid the property will be withdrawn from the market until all references and returned and satisfactory
The agency fee is payable on completion of an application form. Proof of identity and address will be required on submission of an application form. Please be advised that we take up employer references, landlord references, personal references and carry out credit checks. All applicants must be in full time employment or be able to supply a guarantor (must be a UK property owner) and/or full rental in advance.
OTHER POINTS OF INTEREST:
1. The Tenant will be responsible for insuring their own possessions
2. The Tenant will take over all utilities such as Gas, Electricity, Water/Sewage charges, Council Tax & Telephone upon moving into the property and will be responsible for contacting the relevant suppliers accordingly prior to commencement of the tenancy.
3. The Landlord is responsible for any repair/maintenance problems to appliances etc. but the Tenant is responsible for any breakages which should be reported immediately.
4. Decoration of the property must only be done with your Landlord’s permission
5. No pets are allowed unless the Landlord has given consent
6. Reasonable notice should be given in the event that the Letting Agent or Landlord wishes to inspect the property outside pre-agreed times. It is usual for the Agent to inspect the property at least twice during the term of your Tenancy and the Tenancy Agreement should cover this eventuality.
7. Most lets are for 6 or 12 months
8. No smoking is permitted in the property.
9. There is no set law regarding the time limit for returning deposits but this is normally subsequent to the final inspection of the property. In most cases, the deposit will be returned once any damages are ascertained by the Tenant/Landlord/Inventory Clerk and appropriate deductions agreed.
10. The most common type of Tenancy Agreement is the assured short hold used for 6-12 month lets and usually takes the form of a standard contract between both parties.
However, should any “extras” be agreed such as certain furnishings to be provided by the Landlord, you should ask that an extra clause be added to the agreement to this effect. It should be noted that the landlord is not obliged to carry out promises so it is important that your requests are documented.
11. The Letting Agents will deal with the property viewings, references, agreements and getting you moved in. If the agent has been instructed to manage the property then you will normally report any repairs or queries to them. If not, then you will deal directly with the Landlord.
12. The Letting Agent, whilst acting for the Landlord, operates within accepted guidelines in the industry to ensure that you are able to rely on a professional letting agent taking your concerns seriously and advising the Landlord if they are being unreasonable. In this regard, you should be assured that the property conforms to all safety regulations and is fairly priced.